torsdag 18 februari 2021

Congratulations

 My mom asked me to make a birthday card for one of her friends. I went with a little vintage look (at least I tried) :) and a cute girl who could be taken for being from the 50's. Maybe. I like all the components and the design (based on this week's sketch over at Retro Rubber Challenges) and papers. But I went a little heavy with the flowers in the left corner and the card didn't come out as I imagined it. Well, the laydy who will recieve it doesn't know whats in my head and my mom loves everything I do, so...



Retro rubber challenges is all about using your old stamps combined with fun challenges so it's a perfect fit for me. I haven't bought anything card crafting related in years. The girl on this card is from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps from around 2012-13, The flowers are Heartfelt Creations 2011 (I found cards from back then on my old blog) and the sentiment is The Rubber Café 2014.  


Over to my latest watercolor experiment. The doodlewash promt was Black Swan. And this one includes my very first try to paint water. Oh My! I learnt a lot doing this, among other things the need of practice and the need of a good tutorial (which I'm on the hunt for).


Thanks for stopping by!


4 kommentarer:

  1. What a sweet vintage card and a lovely interpretation of the sketch as well! Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber - glad we inspired you to make this pretty creation.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Lovely vintage themed card with all the beautiful flowers. I own a few "vintage" Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies myself! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    SvaraRadera
  3. Oh my, what a wonderful vintage card, I love that stamp and your beautiful colouring and your use of the sketch is wonderful. Thanks for joining us this time at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    SvaraRadera
  4. Love your vintage card! Your coloring is beautiful. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog!

    SvaraRadera

Back to basics - a zentangle inspired card

 Hello friends! I can't believe it's over a month since I last posted. It's a bit rough over here, and this time I wont say it&#...