torsdag 18 mars 2021

Steampunk mixed media card

 I've been out of my comfort zone having fun all night. And I mean all night, it´s getting late but I couldn't put my crafty supplies down until I had finished this card. Just add ink posted a new challenge today - add steampunk. WHAT! I have never ever in my life made a steampunk project but I knew I had some old never inked up stamps and never used dies somewhere and was really inspired to have a try. It was a blast and I´m quite happy about the result. :) The photos came out a bit wierd. It should be more like silver than white, but I blame it on my home built light box.

I stamped a steampunk inspired background stamp from Heartfelt Creations and inked it up with distress inks and splattered some water over it. Then I cut out a big butterfly from a pasta packaging, added some modeling paste with a stencil and once dry colored it with black acrylic paint and finally inked it with a silver ink pad. I diecut flowers, leafs, gear and chain loops and treated them the same way (except from modeling paste). Then I layered it all on the card. I´m really happy about the chain I built.

I used two stamps - one heart with wings and a butterfly and layered them and colored the butterfly wings with water color. The wings and butterfly finally was painted with a glitter pen and added to the center of the card as contrast to all the grey, black and silver. I chose a butterfly and colored it pink/purple inspired by the Card Concept inspiration photo. The butterfly is small, but I think it shines. 


I´m not happy about the sentiment, but I blame it on the late hours and me getting tired. I just needed to get it done. :) Might change it if possible before I mail it, but it will have to do for now.



Good night!

5 kommentarer:

  1. I love this card - the dark, sombre background and splashes of colour in your focal images. Your first steampunk adventure is fabulous!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Wow - so many fabulous layers!! I love the pop of the bright butterfly on all of black and silver. Thank you for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Vos I am really impressed with your steampunk card and love that it took you not only out of your comfort zone but that you enjoyed it! You captured steampunk perfectly with your dark, distressed, layered, mechanical with a touch of wings vibe. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    SvaraRadera
  4. So many elements to love in your steampunk card, Vos. Love the moody vibe and lots of interesting layers. Thanks for joining us this week at JAI.
    Di

    SvaraRadera
  5. Fantastic! Love the steampunk design!
    Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

    SvaraRadera

Back to basics - a zentangle inspired card

 Hello friends! I can't believe it's over a month since I last posted. It's a bit rough over here, and this time I wont say it&#...