lördag 20 mars 2021

Pug Christmas Card

 Happy Saturday! This morning I´ve been working on my stock of 2021 Christmas cards. With this it contains exactly two,.. But, if I do one a week until December I´m good. This one is made for a close friend of my mom's and I've known her all my life. She never had children, but she has always had pugs. Right now she has two and she states that they will be her last. The pugs are her world, so I thought I'd make her a card with a pug. She's gotten some before, but it is quite a few years since the last time, so I think she will be happy.


I was inspired by this pin for todays inspiration challenge over at SCS. I colored with watercolors and the light bulbs got a coat of glossy accent for some shine and texture. I also went over the sentiment with my glitter pen.


I'm entering this card in The Holly And Ivy Christmas Challenge - anything goes.

Last night I finished a journal page I've had in progress during the week. I found these awesome napkins on my shopping spree last weekend. They have the image of a colorful woman that sparked my inspiration. I felt the urge to actually try to paint a person for the first time. I have always been afraid of that but I thought what the heck... So I did. And it was so frustrating and so much fun. 


Yeah, I know, she looks really wierd but I did her all by my self taking another step (patting my shoulder). This journal is all about trying new things, exploring, trying, having fun, and journal about things that matters to me so I don´t care about the result, it's the process that counts. I incorporated the napkin and journaled about inspiration and I used some favorite quotes on the subject. The more personal journaling is tucked away on the tag. The poem by Langston Hughes is an old favorite which I´ve meant to use for a while. I only used the first part.

Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful Saturday!


1 kommentar:

  1. Love the colours - but the flower that stands out. Very cute pug. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda DT

    SvaraRadera

Back to basics - a zentangle inspired card

 Hello friends! I can't believe it's over a month since I last posted. It's a bit rough over here, and this time I wont say it&#...