måndag 8 februari 2021

New blog, new creative life... maybe...

 It's strange how life changes. Six years ago, I was into scrapbooking and card making big time. I had difficulties understanding the concept of creative blocks. I saw friends from the scrapbooking community leave, not to be seen again. Blogs I had been following for years and years suddenly stopped updating and so forth. I found it really strange and thought it could never happen to me. But it did. For the last five years I've not touched my stamps and papers except for a sell out of a big part of my stash when moving to a new apartment. 

Did I miss it? Not really. There were to many things going on in my life to bother. And to be honest, I think the last years before putting my stamps down, I put too much pressure on me. Being on several design teams, deadlines to be met, competition, create, get published, share, get likes and comments... it finally took the fun away. Until it was too much. Then I stopped. Just like that.

And now, for a few weeks, I feel the urge to create again. I'm rusty. I don't have much stash (Thank God I never sold the basic tools and my favorite stamps!!!) But I have what counts - some energy and longing to create. I started with some doodling, and I've been doodling like crazy. Then I started to color my doodling... And yesterday I made my first card. It's for my mom. She's turning 71 tomorrow and she will be over the moon happy to, again, receive a hand made card. 


I doodled some poppies and colored them with water colors. And that's it. :) Happy and trying not to be too critical of my long neglected coloring skills. It's a struggle, I tell you! Working on it. Need to improve on my photo technique, and, more important, take photos in daylight.

I started this new blog instead of continuing my old one. I need a fresh start, I want a place to document the things I do, have the possibility to share what I do when I like, and most importantly, have no pressure from my past. Just have fun. And right now, I'm having fun!

Some things don't change... I do love card challenges... So, I will enter this card in this month's The Paper Funday Challenges. Anything goes, perfect fit. 

2 kommentarer:

  1. This is gorgeous, thank you for entering it into the anything goes challenge at paper fundays challenge. Kate dt member

    SvaraRadera
  2. Gorgeous card and wonderful art work. Welcome back and I send you Creative Vibes to continue. Also, I'm a new follower.
    Thanks for entering in The Paper Funday Challenges and Best of Luck in the Draw! Donna, DT

    SvaraRadera

Back to basics - a zentangle inspired card

 Hello friends! I can't believe it's over a month since I last posted. It's a bit rough over here, and this time I wont say it&#...