fredag 26 februari 2021

A little bird told me

I quit work early yesterday after too many hours in zoom this week. I couldn´t wait to pull out my supplies and start working on a card for two extremely inspiring challenges that combines so well. Over at The Card Concept there is this lovely inspirational photo with beautiful colors and, in the background, two pictures of owls (I love owls!!!). On SCS this week´s Free for All the challenge is to bring your happy on and use things that makes you happy (Owls make me happy, and watercoloring, and doodling...) So a card with an owl it is using my favorite techniques.


I started with loosly sketching the contour before hitting it with my black pen. Then I colored the segments with blue and green watercolor. I tried to mix a nice orange/coral shade, but failed so I went with my Opera Rose pink color. Then I doodled away. So much fun!!!


I can´t say the process went uninterrupted... I have a cat and she is very social... But this time I didn´t have wet acrylic paint on the desk...


I painted a watery background with paynes grey and added white dots with my Signo. then I doodled a simple frame. Stamped the sentiment and the pink stains. Done. I really like this card because I was truly happy making it. :)

Here is the inspiration photo from The Card Concept:

I used the mixed media style using watercolors, ink and pencils and a clean and graphic design.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 kommentarer:

  1. Oh, your card and cat are beauties! That owl is stunning! Your kitty is precious. My Kitty keeps walking on my watercolor palette and getting paint everywhere! We have had her 14 years! You asked on your stop to my blog how I kept my kitty on the shelf. That was Storm. She was a piece of wildness but for a time, she enjoyed sitting on the shelf while I worked. She will be forever in my heart, we miss her! Hugs! I thank you for stopping at my blog. I enjoyed stopping at yours!

    SvaraRadera
  2. This is gorgeous!! Amazing doodling - and I love the colors. Thank you for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Oh I never even noticed the owls on the wall! This is amazing!

    SvaraRadera

Back to basics - a zentangle inspired card

 Hello friends! I can't believe it's over a month since I last posted. It's a bit rough over here, and this time I wont say it&#...