torsdag 25 februari 2021

Acrylic paint fun

 Hi!

Last night I turned my craft space into a total mess trying out a new technique for a technique challenge "Lift the paint"  over at Splitcoast stampers. I had so much fun at first, making the background. I used acrylic paints - yellow occra, black, white and copper metallic and added it randomly with my palette knife on a piece of thick watercolor paper. Then, on the wet paint, I placed a stencil and wiped off paint with baby wipes. 

This is when things went south. My cat jumped up on my working space. It´s hard to describe our reactions but let´s say we had a little chase before I got hold of her. Then I spent quite some time to clean the cat, the floor and my working space (where I had thrown stencil and baby wipe with wet paint away when she surprised me with her visit). Oh my! The stencil will never be it's old self again, the paint had dried when finally getting back to it. On the good side, the cat stayed on the floor during our exercise and left no stains on any of my furniture except the desk. :)


Back to the card making I had a background that I actually like. It is a bit artsy and the copper metallic is beautiful. But I couldn't for my life make a card out of it. I spent like two hours trying out different approaches. Stamped quite a few images, colored and fussy cut, made die cuts, tried different decorations... Well, finally I pulled out a sketch that I really like from Tuesday Morning Sketches and simply added some of the decorations I had on my now crowded work space. 


It's a card. It has an intresting background. I learnt a lot. That is all good. :)

Here is the sketch:


Thanks for stopping by!

2 kommentarer:

  1. Beautiful card! I love that rose. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    SvaraRadera
  2. I love your card! And your cat story! :)
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie - TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    SvaraRadera

Back to basics - a zentangle inspired card

 Hello friends! I can't believe it's over a month since I last posted. It's a bit rough over here, and this time I wont say it&#...