torsdag 25 februari 2021

Watercolor daffodil

 

Hi! Yesterday I signed up to splitcoast stampers (again). I removed my old account years ago so I started fresh and oh my how I love that place. The challenges are awesome and participating in many of them gives you learning opportunities. Like the Watercolor Wednesday. In the WCW039 you are provided with a daffodil watercolor tutorial on Youtube and off you go. :)

I loosley sketched a daffodil and a bud (looove the bud) and tried to follow the instructions. Well, it didn´t work that well, I tried to fix things on the flower all the time and ended up with too heavy coats of colors. It´s my technique that needs to improve, and I need to stop painting to keep the watercolor look instead of adding more layers, but I also need some new watercolors and brushes. My 25 year old Windsor Newton cad Yellow is dry and not very happy loosing it's pigments... 


Anyway, I learnt a lot doing this, including using salt... Need more experimenting with that, but I think it gives a nice effect (can you see it?). Over all I'm happy about this card. It was FUN to do.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 kommentarer:

  1. I think your watercoloring is amazing! Love the contrast of the lovely daffodil against the pretty dark green background. Splitcoast is definitely a great place to play and learn, I'm glad you rejoined. Have fun and enjoy!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Your water coloring is beautiful- and I love the little bud you added! I love your cards!

    SvaraRadera

Back to basics - a zentangle inspired card

 Hello friends! I can't believe it's over a month since I last posted. It's a bit rough over here, and this time I wont say it&#...