söndag 2 maj 2021

Papier Mache shrine

 Hope you are having a lovely Sunday! I've spent the morning hours finishing a project I've had in process during the week. As I said in my previous post, I have been bitten by the Papier Mache bug and I've been gluing paper a whole lot lately. It is so much fun. :) I started with a tiny bowl, and my next try is a "shrine". I found these lovely little pieces on pinterest and thought I'd had a go. I'm not using papier mache "clay" - I'm not there yet, so I made a base out of cardboard and glued pieces of paper on it to shape it and make it sturdy.


There are lot's of improvement potential, but I think it ended up real cute. :). Today I decorated it, inspired by the vintage feel and beautiful pink rose on this card. I printed the photo of Alice with a vintage filter and added some twine around the paper rolls to catch the kraft colors.


The shrine is painted with white acrylics and then I decopaged a rose napkin on parts and added some more white acrylic paint to get a faded vintage look. I made the roses the other day with my home cooked air dry clay. It was surprisingly easy to both make the clay and the roses. I used a recipie I found on Youtube. I'll try some non cooking recipie next time, but for now I'm good for a while. Today I painted them with watercolors in pink with a touch of yellow. 

Now my little shrine hangs in my hallway. I just put it there, but I might change the location when I know where I want it. :)


I'm entering this in A Bit More Time to Craft Extra Challenge - always anything goes.

Right now I'm trying to finish a bowl. But it is a struggle. My sweet Alice is in her most social mood...


Thanks for stopping by!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Back to basics - a zentangle inspired card

 Hello friends! I can't believe it's over a month since I last posted. It's a bit rough over here, and this time I wont say it&#...