fredag 4 juni 2021

GDT Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog

 Today is a special day since it's a: Friday (yay!!!) and b: I'm this month's guest DT over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog. A new challenge is posted today. It is always anything goes, so just create and participate!!! 

I made a super fun project for the occasion, mixing some of my favorite techniques.


I started with a frame and used the backing as my base, adding a book page covered with white gesso. Stamped some silhouette stamps from Darkroom Door.


The background is then painted with watercolors with a layer of stenciled distress oxide speckled egg (such an awesome color!). The bird is from a napkin and I decided to put him on a branch with flowers made out of home made air dry clay. That is such a fun medium!!! I long to have some more time to play with it! :)


The air dry clay is painted with watercolors for a light look. Tried with acrylics on a flower first, but it got too heavy looking for the rest of the project so watercolors it is.


I added a friendship sentiment, stamped butterflies, a bit of shadings  and some splashes of white acrylic paints and called it a day. So much fun to do, and I really like the result. 

I've had a busy time lately and not so much time to create. I mostly work in my private journal when at it, but I hope to be back soon again. Until then stay safe and thanks for stopping by!



6 kommentarer:

  1. Congratulations on being a guest DT for such an inspirational challenge blog, I love what you have made, it’s so pretty & your chosen colour palette makes it look very fresh & summery, perfect for June!
    Jane 🐚

    SvaraRadera
  2. This really is a beautiful piece of art work Vos, the book page is a superb surface to layer everything upon. Painted with such talent you really have a wonderful eye for colour and composition. Birds, blossom and butterflies three things of beauty.
    Many thanks for being this month Guest Designer @ Creative Artiste it's an absolute pleasure to see you in the spot.
    Creative wishes Tracey (DT)

    SvaraRadera
  3. Very beautiful project Vos. Love your work. Thank you for joining us this month at Creative Artiste as our guest artist. Have a creative week and stay safe. Judy DT

    SvaraRadera
  4. A gorgeous project Vos! A wonderful composition and a great mixture of techniques. The watercolours look lovely with the clay pieces.
    Thank you for being a fabulous Guest Designer for Creative Artiste Mixed Media this month xx

    SvaraRadera
  5. Wow, such an amazing make! I love the background with the text showing through, it showcases the pretty bird and flowers so beautifully 😀. Thanks for the inspiration and for joining us as Guest Designer this month at Creative Artiste! Wishing you a happy June! Hugs, Jo x

    SvaraRadera
  6. Beautiful piece of art Vos. So cleverly put together with that lovely background. Your bird is a real centre piece and those flowers are amazing. Lovely to have you join us as our Guest this month at Creative Artiste.

    SvaraRadera

Back to basics - a zentangle inspired card

 Hello friends! I can't believe it's over a month since I last posted. It's a bit rough over here, and this time I wont say it&#...