måndag 8 mars 2021

Embossing folder technique

 Hi! Busy Monday today, but after work I had to try the technique challenge over at SCS. We got this youtube tutorial as guidance (and a really good tutorial it is!). One major problem had to be solved before I could start though - did I have any embossing folders??? I sold off most (all?) of them back in the day when I thought I´d never ever make a card again. But down in my storage room I had some left over craft related things. Found three actually. Two with small dots and one with circles. Yay! You have to work with what you've got. But I actually like the one I used. :) A bit grungy feeling.


I painted the watercolor paper with blue and green nuances and when embossed I went over it with my Broken China distress ink. I stamped and colored the dragonfly and coated it with utee so it has a beautiful shine. 



Do you notice the much improved photos? Out of frustration last night I made what is supposed to be a lightbox using old packaging and tape. It is pure ugliness and far from robust, but works ok. I need to get me a two brighter lights and a background white paper and then I´m set for a while. So happy about my craftiness. :)

I'm entering this one in this week's Festive Friday challenge. I used circles, insect and twine. Also green, but it got a bit lost in the process. 


That´s it for tonight! Thanks for stopping by!

2 kommentarer:

  1. Love your card! The background turned out great, and the dragonfly is amazing. Thank you for joining us at Festive Friday.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Beautiful! THe background is fantastic and the dragonfly is gorgeous. Happy that you joined us at the Festive Friday Challenge.

    SvaraRadera

Back to basics - a zentangle inspired card

 Hello friends! I can't believe it's over a month since I last posted. It's a bit rough over here, and this time I wont say it&#...