söndag 14 mars 2021

Mixed media tag

 Hope you are having a fantastic Sunday! I have spent the morning hours by my desk making a tag. Today's featured stamper, Layersofink, is an amazing mixes media artist. I was totallaly blown away browsing her gallery. It was really hard to choose which project to case and I started out with this one. In the middle of the first layer of embossing, my heat gun died on me. Totally dead. It´s been one of my closest friends since 2003 and it will be missed. Soooo, I had to start over again and I picked this tag instead. And here is my take.


I kept the lighthouse theme and the glass flakes (can't believe I actually had some, must have gotten them in a DT box ages ago, never used) in the bottom but instead of crackle paint and diecut I used a stamp and modeling paste and glossy accent to get some texture. The background is watercolor paper dipped in watery distress inks - tumbled glass, broken china and some iced spruce. I also added some lace and twine and changed up the design a bit. So, it´s a case, but also  my own. I'm crazy happy about this tag and it will go to my long lost friend who I reconnected with only a few weeks ago. (By sending her this card, actually). 





For the first time for a VERY long time I´ve spent hours shopping. Since my heat gun died, I am in desperate need for a new one. I use it daily, all the time, embossing but more so drying layers of whatever media I use. And since it was a long time ago I went to a store except my local supermarket, I had a long list of things to buy and get fixed. It was very calm down town today, so it was ok, and really nice to catch up on the shopping list. I got it all except a heat gun. It was sold out. I´ve ordered one online, so it will show up in a few days. I will have to endure. :)

I´m enering this in Allsorts Challenge: a stamped image.

Thanks for stopping by!


4 kommentarer:

  1. This is stunning! I saw it over at SCS and had to stop by.

    SvaraRadera
  2. A super scenic nautical tag, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Stamped Image' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    SvaraRadera
  3. Gorgeous image, and sorry for your loss :) Thank you for joining us this week at Allsorts Challenge

    SvaraRadera
  4. Gorgeous tag creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    SvaraRadera

Back to basics - a zentangle inspired card

 Hello friends! I can't believe it's over a month since I last posted. It's a bit rough over here, and this time I wont say it&#...