onsdag 31 mars 2021

Watercolor Wednesday - oh my!

 Hi! Today´s watercolor challenge was to do a no line stamping and watercoloring and add abstraction (here is the inspiration youtube video). 

Well, it´s been a struggle, I tell ya! I went through every single stamp pad I own to find the lightest one and I tried out a couple. Didn´t work. Not light enough, whatever I did, the lines showed up. Finally I had to do with my clear ink for embossing. It´s quite thick, so it had a shine for a while so I had to work really fast to find the basic lines. So that is what I did, using fairly easy stamps. Once done coloring, I realized that the image in my head didn´t really match the mood of the result. It turned out a bit scary in my own opinion. Running woman in red dress in the dark.... Well... And THEN I got the brilliant idea to add some splatter to spice it up a bit and maybe make it more whimsical. And used RED (in my head to catch the color of the dress)... Let´s say it´s not my brightest idea ever. Looks like blood... THEN I added some black splashes to counter the red.... And then is when I simply gave up. :)


Oh my! But with the amount of agony and time spent on this, I might as well document it on my blog for rememberance of miserable failures. I'll even tag this post as just that. :) I will not mail this for my friend as planned, I'll send her the card I did the other day instead for the featured stamper challenge (using this card as inspiration).

Well, bed is waiting, I'm exhausted. Take care! :)

3 kommentarer:

  1. I for one love the no line water coloring you have created! I did not think of blood for the red splatters until I read your post! LOL I love this card- you have quite the coloring skills!

    SvaraRadera
  2. I love both cards but do not throw the no line coloring card away. Keep it and look at it as a reference if you don't want to throw it away. I like it. I think you did great!!

    SvaraRadera
  3. This was such a difficult Watercolor Wednesday. It took me four tries. And I still don't love my card. I think your watercoloring came out great. It is a beautifully watercolored murder scene. Save this card for Halloween and add a funny sentiment. OMG. The red splatter! Thank you so much for sharing this card with us!

    SvaraRadera

Back to basics - a zentangle inspired card

 Hello friends! I can't believe it's over a month since I last posted. It's a bit rough over here, and this time I wont say it&#...