onsdag 7 april 2021

Thinking of you - watercolor wednesday

 Wednesdays are smy favorite challenge days. I always start Wednesday mornings with a cup of coffee and a look at the new watercolor challenge over at SCS, then spending the day working and longing for the evening when I can have a go. And today was no difference. :) The inspiration youtube video for today's challenge is about painting a lavender field. This video was actually already saved on my account for having a go later. And today is later. Yay. Less yay is that I thought I'd use it for a sympathy card follow up. My friend lost her mother little over a month ago and they had the funeral last week, so I thougt I'd follow up my earlier sympathy card and flowers sent for the funeral with a thinking of you card with a letter in it.


The full painting was a bit much for the occasion, so I decided to frame it and that worked much better. I chose this part to catch the sunlight peeking throug in the left corner, but that meant I also got the more dark part of the painting in the center. So I added som white and orange splashes to lighten it up a bit. I'm quite happy for a first try, and I will paint lavenders again, so much fun and good practice for a more loose painting style.


I used this week's sketch from Tuesday morning sketches. It's a great one!


Thank you for stopping by!

6 kommentarer:

  1. I absolutely love this beautiful card! Your painting is beautiful and love the look of the splatters.

    SvaraRadera
  2. I'm so far behind with my visiting with all the preparations for Easter. I'm glad I didn't miss this card. It is absolutely beautiful! You did such an amazing job with your painting. I'm sure your friend will appreciate your thoughtfulness!

    SvaraRadera
  3. Oh my goodness gracious!!! This turned out beautiful and your are so wise and kind to think of sending follow up sympathy cards. I usually end up really late and think it’s because it takes a while for it all to hit a person and when things quiet down you can be in for a crash when it all really hits. I LOVE that idea to follow up!!! This is so stunning I’m so glad you had a chance to create with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Beautiful watercolor! Happy you shared with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Hugs, Debi TMS DT

    SvaraRadera
  5. Love your amazing painting. Beautiful sympathy card!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
    xxx Margreet DT

    SvaraRadera
  6. Oooh this is stunning. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    SvaraRadera

Back to basics - a zentangle inspired card

 Hello friends! I can't believe it's over a month since I last posted. It's a bit rough over here, and this time I wont say it&#...